RANDOM THOUGHTS ON SPORTS
- So the UE Red Warriors again lost the games that mattered, which brings me to one realization: nobody should be surprised that UE lost to La Salle. This is the University of the East Red Warriors people! This is the Chicago Cubs of college ball, a team that keeps on finding ways to lose the games that count. They’ve had players throwing away ball games (can anyone spell B-O-N-B-O-N-C-U-S-T-O-D-I-O?), players throwing the ball away, players throwing bricks, and players choking big time (where in the hell were Mark Borboran and Marcy Arellano?). I just wonder how many of these heartbreaking losses can the UE community take before they all go crazy.
- Manny Pacquiao won over a washed up Marco Antonio Barrerra but he didn’t beat the Mexican senseless the way he did in 2003. Somehow, Pacquiao didn’t look in his element in that fight, which makes me wonder, how much of it has to do with Kyla singing the national anthem instead of Ara Mina? Anyway, better get ready for more Pacquiao overkill—he’ll probably have a new commercial, movie, TV show, and album by the end of the year. He’d probably dip his hand in politics again if he had the chance. Somewhere, Freddie Roach will be gritting his teeth.
- Evander Holyfield is like a hundred years old and he fought for a world championship. That only proves an obvious fact: boxing’s heavyweight division is a joke. I wonder, what in the hell was ABS-CBN thinking when they bought the rights to air this fight? Half the world wouldn’t even watch this fight for free.
- Juan “Baby Bull” Diaz is a punching machine. First, he punched former champion Acelino Freitas into submission. Yesterday, he pummeled former champion Julio Diaz into quitting. If he had an ounce more power, he’d be knocking guys senseless. He called out Manny Pacquiao in his post-fight interview. I hope Manny listens.
- Boxing promoters should seriously consider putting Manny Pacquiao and Juan Diaz in the ring to fight each other. While they’re at it, they should prepare a six-by-six ring because these guys won’t be moving around too much. It’ll be Castillo-Corrales I all over again––punches, punches, punches, and more punches. Damn, that fight has me salivating. For what it’s worth, I’ll bet my money on Juan Diaz.
- My favorite player, Kevin Garnett and his new team looked good in two preseason games last week. Now, if only Rajon Rondo can knock down open elbow jumpers ala Eric Snow circa 2002, I think the Celtics and KG can make some real noise in the playoffs. There’s only one problem: Rondo’s shot looks so horrific that even the late great Red Auerbach would be squirming in his grave if he sees it.
- Arwind Santos is in some serious shit after his wife (the second one, I believe) sued him for bigamy. Actually, I’m not surprised––bigamous pro athletes are a dime dozen these days––but I am quite perplexed at the sheer stupidity of Arwind: He marries girl number one on a Saturday and then marries girl number two four days later, with both marriages well-documented. I mean, what the hell was he thinking? Now I wonder, was it a case of a man torn between two lovers or just a case of a pervert with an itchy dick?
- Alex Crisano has a “strong chance” of playing for the Philippines in the SEA Games come December. Nothing against him, but is he really the best big man available? Here is a guy who hasn’t done anything remotely significant on the basketball court and he’ll probably play for flag and country. I mean, seriously, is Junel Baculi serious? Google Crisano’s name and you’ll probably find more links related to his trysts––sexual and brutal––with Ethel Booba and his fistfights at nightclubs. Somewhere, Ethel Booba’s boobs just got a little heavier.
2 comments:
aba sports analyst knrn ha!... (",)
Hayup sa analysis ah. Blog mo kung bakit ako mananalo sa fantasy league naten. Hehehe- Don
Post a Comment