Wednesday, November 7, 2007

MISSING SOMETHING

I miss college. Yeah, I miss it––a lot.

I miss the on-the-spot, five-minute reviews before quizzes and exams.

I miss those long, zoned-out nights of thinking then typing to finish term papers, essays, and reports due the very next day.

I miss making group projects––known essentially as the perfect excuse to have those overnight hang-out sessions with friends, err, group mates.

I miss tripping with professors, sharing light moments with them and occasionally pestering them with foolish, offbeat, and unusual questions.

I miss the sweat-inducing, palm-shaking, mind-numbing, joint-cracking tests, presentations, reports, and graded recitations.

I miss learning (yeah, right!).

Most of all, I miss my classmates––my friends.


Just some of the fun times we had in college...

I miss the straight-from-the-heart stories of love, joy, heartbreak, grief, frustration, and confusion that we share with each other.

I miss our casual, carefree conversations about anything and everything: sports, relationships, sex, sexuality, religion, law, politics, food, film, music, piracy, clothes, literature, and anything else we could think of.

I miss the senseless, corny jokes we share and the laughter they bring.

I miss the impromptu photo shoots in the classroom, at the hallways, and anywhere else with space and light.

I miss our occasional visits to SM Manila, Robinson’s Manila, or SM San Lazaro during long breaks or right after dismissal.

I miss eating lunch, merienda, or even dinner with them because good food is best shared with great company.

I miss those frequent sleep-overs and those occasional barkada parties when food, booze, and stories are shared; crushes and secrets are revealed; and friendships are strengthened.

I miss my friends. I miss those times. I miss those moments.

Yeah, I do miss college.




Special people that made my college life worth missing...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ditto - Ace of 4JRN2 2006