Sad day at the office yesterday as one of our colleagues, Ms. Den, officially said good-bye to us (she resigned). More than a co-worker, she was our friend, and it just stinks knowing that she’ll no longer be around anymore.
Personally, I was real sad because Ms. Den was one of the few people I really trusted at the office. In a way, I honestly believe that we had become good friends (on my part, at least, that’s what I think). Though I concede that I was never one of her closest friends, I’ll go on record to say that I consider her one of my close friends.
One of my fondest memories at work actually involved Ms. Den. It was way back last year when I was just getting my feet wet at work. I remember having a world of my own, doing nothing but work, work, and work. Then, Ms. Den came up to me one day and initiated the very first non-business-related conversation I had at the office Our first topic was my love life, which was somewhere between bleak and lifeless back then. She gave some advice, one of which I distinctly remember: “Kung ganon siya, iwan mo na lang siya.”
On the surface, it was just a casual, light-hearted conversation, but to me, it was a turning point in my life at Diwa. Without her knowing, that simple conversation went a long ways inasmuch as easing my transition as a member of the staff. Somehow, having that casual conversation with Ms. Den assured me that, yes, everything would be okay for me at work. That, plus the snippets of advice and pointers she gave me were invaluable in making me feel real good and comfortable at work.
Yeah, things have gone well, indeed, except for the customary bumps and grinds along the way. Someway, somehow, I believe I owe someof it to Ms. Den. That’s why I felt real sad yesterday(nobody knew, of course, because the only emotion I've shown at the office is that of joy) . Besides, I never got to thank her personally for what she’s done for me and what she’s meant to me (she actually listened to my heartbreaks and took time to read my blog).
While she may never get to read this blog again, I’d like her to know that I am thankful for having her both as a colleague and as a friend. Thanks, Ms. Den! I wish you and your family all the best.

No comments:
Post a Comment