I’ve been a little too cynical these past few days, so much so that I’ve found myself sulking and complaining too much. Then, I realized two things. First, a lot more people are going through worst shit than me. Second, there are a lot of more people who genuinely care for me––family, friends, and co-workers––than what I initially thought.
So write this down in stone: I’ll rise like a phoenix and get through this unbroken (Yes, after more than 5 years in hibernation, the phoenix has seen print yet again!). Matter of fact, I know I’ll be fit and ready to go out-of-town next summer. I may even un-retire and play basketball again by May 2009 (that, though, will surely drive my mom nuts).
Anyways, I’ve decided to subscribe again to the belief that there is always a bright side; a silver lining to every dark cloud; a light at the end of the tunnel, a Pot of Gold (yeah!) on the other side of the rainbow; a rainbow after every storm; a flicker of hope amid hopelessness; and a (insert one more cliché here).
So in the spirit of optimism, I’ve taken the liberty to list down, in no particular order, the positives I have gotten or will eventually get from this experience.
1. I met Mhean, my pretty, friendly therapist (got her number, too).
2. I got reacquainted with the doctor that fixed my scoliosis.
3. I’m living a healthy lifestyle.
4. I found out who genuinely cares for me (thank you).
5. I’ll lose weight because it is absolutely necessary.
6. I’ll learn leg strengthening exercises in my rehab.
7. No work for at least 10 days.
8. Got a good story to tell my kids (if I do have some).
9. Bonded me closer to my mom.

5 comments:
Laban lang brad! We're all pulling for you. Imbitahin mo sa susunod na inuman si doctora ah. Hehe.
tama ka pare, may "pot of gold" at the end of the rainbow.. hehe, samahan ka namin sa paghanap sa pot of gold na yan
hindi ba nadaanan na natin yang "pot of gold" na yan. sa pagkakatanda ko medyo madilim diyan, maingay, at maraming beer.
oo, medyo madilim nga yang pot of gold na yan..marami ring beer, pero mahal..balita ko nga may mga therapist din daw dun e..hehe..planuhin na ang susunod na paghahanap ng pot of gold..
dude, are you sure your list is not in order (as you claim)?
"1. I met Mhean, my pretty, friendly therapist (got her number, too)."
..coz i know this would be my number 1, too, if i have to make an ORDERED list. nyahaha! kidding aside, mabuti at tinitingnan mo 'to ng ganito. dun sa 10 days of no work mo, does that mean no alcohol, too? coz we can visit you on a weekend and have a cup of, ahmmm, coffee (after a liter of emperador).
good times.
Post a Comment